What personal information we collect?
We collect various categories of personal data to provide services and other related activities. This may include your name, address, date of birth, Emirates ID or passport number, contact information (e.g. Phone number, email address), financial information, employment information, technical information (IP address, login data, time zone and location) and any other information that you provide to us.
We may include or offer third party products, services or links on our website. These third-party websites have independent privacy policies. The Bank is not liable to the content and activities of these linked websites.
SIB Digital App collects, transmits, syncs and stores user identity information, physical address, contact number(s), passport details, postal address and location when entered or images when shared to enable us to transmit information, data and images as requested by user which may include third parties for financial and non-financial transactions for users banking needs, requests and to enable the bank to apprise their records for regulatory and reporting purposes.
The personal data that we collect or may collect include (without limitation):
- Personal contact data including name, telephone number, mobile number, email address, residential address and correspondence address
- Specimen signature(s);
- Occupation, education and income levels;
- Identification card or passport number, date of birth, place of birth and other information for the verification of identity;
- Financial and banking information (e.g. Information on net assets, income, expenses, credit history, bank account and banking transactions, securities trading account);
- Images, video and voice recordings of any communications;
- Tax and insurance information;
- Information about your risk profile, investments, investment objectives, knowledge and experience and/or business interests and assets;
- Personal opinions made known to us (e.g. Your feedback or responses to any surveys);
- Browsing history, patterns or other unique information;
- Your internet protocol address and information associated with such address;
- Criminal record checks;
- Any personal data shared by you, including your contact lists and associated persons detailed information
- Any other personal data reasonably required in order for us to provide the services; and
- Any other personal data permitted by or required to comply with any applicable laws and our internal control and compliance policies.
How we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information from you when you apply or use the Bank products and services, when you visit the Bank website, and when you contact us.
Use and processing of personal information
The Bank uses and processes your personal information reasonably and for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services
- To verify your identity and/or location
- To communicate with you about our products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To respond to your inquiries and notify you of any important information about the Bank Services and products or change of terms and conditions
- To improve our products and services and enhance our website
- To conduct research and analysis
- For risk control, fraud detection and preventing misuse of our website or services
Purposes of processing your personal data and the legal basis for processing
- To provide, develop and improve products/services - We use the personal data to perform essential business operation purposes pursuant to our legitimate business interests, for example to understand usage patterns when you visit our website; and to develop, provide, improve, and personalize services.
- To confirm your identity and authenticate the data you provide - As part of providing services to you we will confirm your identity and authenticate the data you provide for security purposes to provide you access to the services requested by you.
- To respond to any queries made by you - We may collect and use your personal data to enable us to respond to queries or services requested by you.
- To comply with legal requirements and exercise or defend legal claims
How we share your Information
We may disclose your personal information, in limited necessary circumstances, to:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Our agents, contractors or service providers, professional advisor or any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to the Bank who assist us in providing our products and services
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies, industry bodies, credit or debt collection agencies and as required by law or regulation
- Other third parties, with your consent
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We use appropriate technical, physical, and administrative safeguards as well as oversight of our third-party service providers to protect your personal information.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with our products and services, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and for other legitimate business purposes.
If your information is incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated, please update your information on our website, call, or write to us.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to access, correct or request deletion of your personal information
- The right to restrict, or object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to transfer your data to another financial institution
- To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details provided below